Frequently Asked Questions
- Where do I start?
- What will my No Claims Discount (NCD) be after a claim?
- Do I have to pay an Excess?
- How do I get my car fixed?
Making a claim with Budget Direct is fast, simple and hassle-free. We’re here to give you the best customer experience possible.
To make a Insurance claim either:
- Lodge and process your Claim Online or by Phone (available 24/7)
- Call our friendly claims staff with your claim/policy details and they will guide you through the process. For Motor claims call 1300 139 591 (+61 7 5436 1744 from overseas). For Home &/or Contents call 1800 069 336 (+61 7 5412 3488 from overseas).
You will not lose any NCD with us on renewal if:
- A claim is only for window glass
- The car is involved in a No Fault Accident with another vehicle. (See your PDS for the definition of “No Fault Accident”)
- You included NCD Protection in your policy*
For other claims, we’ll reduce your NCD on renewal by 2 years for each claim, and your insurance cost may increase accordingly.
* Limits apply to NCD Protection. See your PDS for further details.
We calculate your excess by adding your Policy Excess and all other applicable excesses as listed in your Policy Documentation.
An excess is the first amount you have to pay towards the cost of each incident. However, you don’t have to pay any excess if the vehicle is involved in a No Fault Accident with another vehicle and the amount of your claim is more than the basic excess.
You only need to pay the standard excess if your vehicle is:
- Damaged by storm, hail, flood, malicious damage, vandalism, fire, lighting or explosion.
Once you’ve lodged a claim, we’ll appoint a qualified Motor Vehicle Assessor to assess the damage to your vehicle (unless you’re claiming for window glass only). Our aim is to get your vehicle back to the way it was immediately before the incident.
What happens if my car is a write-off?
Sometimes cars are so badly damaged it wouldn’t be safe or economical to repair them. If we think your car is like that, we’ll declare it a write-off.
If you have Gold or Standard Comprehensive Car Insurance you may be eligible for new-for-old car replacement. Otherwise we’ll pay you the market or agreed value amount (depending on your policy) once we’ve finalised the claim.