How we can help you if you get into trouble overseas
With Budget Direct travel insurance, you get 24/7 access to a worldwide network of 75,000+ medical and emergency assistance providers.
These include multilingual medical and travel specialists, air ambulances and hospitals. Depending on your needs, we can:
- Direct you to suitable medical facilities
- Help coordinate your evacuation and repatriation.
- Provide assistance if your luggage, travel documents, credit cards or other valuables are lost or stolen.
- Put you in touch with the nearest Australian embassy, high commission or consulate or other authorities if you are robbed, assaulted, arrested, detained and/or need a lawyer.
- Provide pre-trip advice, including what vaccinations you need to consider and the medical care available in your destination country.
If you suffer an illness or injury that requires emergency transportation, hospitalisation or repatriation and/or is likely to cost more than A$500 to treat, you (or someone else on your behalf) must call us as soon as possible.
Travel Insurance Knowledge Base
Your questions about insurance all
answered in one place.