Get a Simply Smarter Quote

Get a Quote for:

Save 25%^ Online

Get a 60 Second Estimate

What is Market Value?

Market Value is the reasonable cost to replace your vehicle with one of the same make, model, age and condition at the time it’s stolen or damaged. It doesn’t include any allowance for warranty, stamp duty, transfer costs or dealer profit.

If you want an idea of what your car may be worth, you can search for your car in the Redbook dealer guide.

Can I get an Agreed Value?

We may offer you an Agreed Value if the vehicle:

  • is less than ten years old
  • doesn’t have an aftermarket LPG conversion
  • has a purchase price within an acceptable range of the Market Value.

If we do, you'll see it on the ‘Options’ page (underneath the price) after selecting ‘Continue Online’ when you’re applying for the quote.

Where do I find my car’s details?

You may find the details about your car on previous insurance certificates, registration papers or badges on the vehicle. If you still can't find them, you may need to get in touch with the dealership you bought the vehicle from, or even the manufacturer.

If you need help finding this information, give us a call on 1800 555 878.

What drivers need to be listed?

You need to list any household members (including Learner, Provisional and occasional drivers) who may drive the car throughout the term of the policy. Household members not listed on the policy will not be covered while driving the vehicle.

Any non-household members who drive the car will be automatically covered, with an additional excess of $600 (subject to any restrictions on the policy). You can list these drivers if you don't want to pay the additional excess.

What’s my No Claims Discount?

Your No Claims Discount (NCD) is a discount on your car insurance premium. It’s based on how long you’ve been driving and your claims record. As you accumulate more years of driving without making a claim, you receive a discount on the full-priced premium until it reaches a maximum discount (also known as 'Rating 1').

We honour the NCD you would have held with a previous insurer within the past year for at least 12 months. You’ll find your NCD on your current insurer’s latest renewal offer.

To carry over this discount, you need to send in the latest renewal notice from the previous Insurance Company. It must show the insurance was held for at least a year, have an expiry date within the past 12 months, and show you as the insured/regular driver.

Is Accident Hire Car included in your comprehensive cover?

No it’s not included on our Comprehensive policy, although you do get up to two weeks’ use of a hire car if your vehicle is stolen.

If you’d like a hire car to drive if yours is involved in an accident, you can add the option to your policy for just over $1 a week. Just select "Continue Online" and proceed through the application to “Options” on page six.

How can I pay for my policy?

You can pay fortnightly, monthly or annually and you can choose from a range of payment methods, including Direct Debit, Credit Card and now PayPal (for online purchases of Car, Home, Contents, Home & Contents or Travel Insurance products). Find out more.

Get a Simply Smarter Quote

Get a Quote for: