Renters Insurance

Save ##%^

When you buy Home or Contents Insurance online

Get a Quote Get a Quote


Automatic sum-insured adjustment at renewal

Full 24/7 Claims Service - Your choice of phone or online.

A 21-day money back guarantee*

Insured Events**

  • Fire cover
  • Explosion cover
  • Theft or attempted theft
  • Malicious damage, vandalism, riot or civil commotion
  • Accidental breakage of glass, ceramic & sanitary fixtures
  • Storm & rainwater damage
  • Lightning cover
  • Earthquake cover
  • Escape of liquid
  • Impact cover
  • Temporary accommodation costs
  • Funeral expenses
  • Replacement of locks up to $500
  • Open air contents cover - contents in the open at the insured address
  • Contents away from the insured address
  • Credit card cover up to $1000
  • Uninsured guests' contents cover up to $500
  • Unattached equipment cover up to $500
  • Up to $20 million legal liability cover

Renters Contents Insurance: Why Do You Need It?

Home is where the heart is – and it’s also where most of your possessions are. When you rent, it’s vital to protect your household belongings from theft, fire and other unexpected calamities. Don’t make the mistake of thinking ‘the property owner will cover it’ if something bad happens.

As a renter, you are financially responsible for all your personal belongings – everything from clothing and jewellery to electric appliances and furniture. You’re normally responsible for any damage you do to fixtures within the building too, so you’ll want to be covered for this as well.

Great Discounts and Super-competitive Pricing

If you buy your Home or Contents cover from Budget Direct online, you’ll save ##%^ on your policy. Even better, if you combine both into a single Home and Contents policy, you’ll save ##%^ if you purchase online with us.

We also give you the choice of paying by credit card, direct debit or PayPal, and either monthly, fortnightly or annually – whichever suits you best.

Flexible Cover and Smart Options

At Budget Direct, we understand there’s no such thing as a ‘one size fits all’ contents policy for renters. Your lifestyle and personal possessions are completely unique. That’s why we offer Smarter Options that let you tailor your cover to meet your needs and budget. We also offer a substantial discount if you book your contents insurance with us online.

By insuring your cherished belongings with Budget Direct, you’ll enjoy the peace of mind that comes with having access to our 24-hour online claims notification system – as well as the security of a 21-day money back guarantee.* When it comes to insuring your possessions in a rental property, we’ve got you covered with high-value benefits at a very competitive price.

How much contents cover do you need as a renter?

You can use this quick Online Replacement Calculator for your contents, it’s easy to work out an estimate. It’s also important to review your contents inventory each year to make sure you’re adequately insured for replacement value.

Get your Contents Insurance quote now!

Looking for great value-for-money and cheap Contents Insurance? Then take the plunge and grab a quick Online Quote!

Looking for great value-for-money and cheap Contents Insurance? Then take the plunge and grab a 60 second Online Quote!

*If you cancel the policy within 21 days without making a claim, we’ll give you a full refund.
** Conditions apply. See the Product Disclosure Statement for full details.