Building Insurance with Budget Direct
Our home building insurance is designed to cover the cost of rebuilding or repairing your home (based on the sum insured you nominate) and help protect you against things that are out of your control, such as damage from natural disasters like storms and bushfires.
Automatic sum-insured adjustment at renewal
Full 24/7 Claims Service - Your choice of phone or online.
A 21-day money back guarantee*
- Up to $20 million legal liability cover
- Fire cover
- Explosion cover
- Theft or attempted theft
- Malicious damage, vandalism, riot or civil commotion
- Accidental breakage of glass, ceramic and porcelain fixtures
- Storm and rainwater damage
- Lightning cover
- Earthquake cover
- Escape of liquid
- Impact cover
- Lump sum or instalment payments
- Temporary accommodation costs
- Mortgage discharge costs
- Funeral expenses
Get a %^ discount on Smart Home or Smart Contents Insurance online and a %^ discount for combining Smart Home & Contents Insurance online. Check out our full range of multi-policy discounts and see how much you could save.
Get More with Budget Direct
You can you tailor your home insurance to suit your needs and your budget.
Sum Insured Safeguard**
If the amount your home is insured for isn’t enough to replace or repair the damage to your home, this option lets you extend it by up to 25%.
Get cover for accidental loss or damage to your home caused by an accident at the insured address.
Choice of Excess Options
For example, you can increase your excess and lower your premium. Or you can choose a lower excess, which will increase your premium. The choice is yours.
Motor Burn Out**
We can cover the cost of loss or damage to electrical motors in your appliances caused by electric current and/or power surges.
What is covered under our home building insurance policy?
Your home building insurance with Budget Direct covers the private residential building at the address shown on the insurance certificate and includes:
- Garages, carports and other domestic outbuildings.
- Verandahs, patios, pergolas, permanent decking and gazebos.
- Clothes lines, aerials and masts.
- Fixed floor coverings such as tiles, linoleum and timber
- Fixtures and fittings connected to gas, electrical, plumbing and sewerage services
- Driveways, paths, paving and garden edges
- Permanently fixed external awnings, blinds or shutters, shade sails & umbrellas
- Walls, gates and fences that form part of the area solely used for domestic purposes
- Swimming pools and spas that are permanent fixtures at the insured address, including their accessories
- Service pipes and cables that you own or are legally responsible for
- Unfixed home building materials and uninstalled home fittings (limit applies)
- Jetties, Wharves and pontoons
For more information, see our Product Disclosure Statement.
With our more accurate risk assessment, we can offer you very competitive premiums.
Get your Home Insurance quote now!
Looking for great value-for-money and cheap Home Insurance? Then take the plunge and grab a quick Online Quote!
*If you cancel the policy within 21 days without making a claim, we’ll give you a full refund.
** Conditions apply. See the Product Disclosure Statement for full details.
When you buy Smart Home or Smart Contents Insurance online