Benefits of Adding Trauma Insurance to Your Budget Direct Life Cover
Part-time workers and homemakers can apply
A benefit of between $25,000 and $500,000 (depending on age)
Additional benefit that can be added to your Budget Direct Life Cover
Do You Have a Backup Plan in Case You Need Time Off to Recover From a Serious Illness or Injury?
Being unable to work because of a serious illness or injury can have a severe financial impact on you and your loved ones. A study conducted by NATSEM in 2013 found that three out of four Australians aged 46 - 64 who are not in the labour force due to ill health experience poverty.
How would you continue to provide for yourself and your family if you needed to take time off from work or couldn’t manage your home while recovering from a serious illness or injury? Could you or your spouse afford to take time off from work to help you recuperate?
Budget Direct Trauma Cover or Trauma Plus Cover options to your Budget Direct life insurance could alleviate those worries by:
- Helping you to meet outstanding debt repayments, such as a mortgage or rental payments, car payments, or credit card debts
- Avoiding the need to sell your assets or drain your savings and investments to meet financial obligations
- Helping to cover medical and rehabilitation expenses
- Covering the costs of hiring a housekeeper or carer
- Covering your everyday expenses, such as bills, groceries, school fees, or childcare
Compare the Features of Budget Direct Trauma Cover & Trauma Plus Cover
Budget Direct Trauma Cover or Trauma Plus Cover are additional benefits that are available to apply for and add to your Budget Direct life insurance policy. If you would like to add Trauma or Trauma Plus Cover to a new or existing Budget Direct life insurance policy, please call our life insurance specialists on 1800 378 683.
There are two levels of trauma insurance to choose from so you can select the cover that suits your needs and budget.
Both levels of trauma cover help protect you and your loved ones by paying a lump sum benefit of between $25,000 and $500,000 (depending on age) should you suffer a serious illness or injury, in particular specific types of cancer, coronary artery bypass surgery, heart attack and stroke.
In addition, Budget Direct Trauma Plus Cover also offers you additional protection for a variety of other serious illnesses or injuries. You can compare the different levels of trauma insurance in the table below.
|Cover||Budget Direct Trauma Cover||Budget Direct Trauma Plus Cover|
|Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery|
|Angioplasty (triple vessel)|
|Benign Brain Tumour|
|Chronic Lung Failure, Chronic Kidney Failure or Chronic Liver Failure|
|Heart Valve Surgery|
|Loss of Hearing / Loss of Sight / Loss of Speech|
|Major Head Trauma|
|Major Organ Transplant|
(Please refer to the PDS for full details of these specific conditions and other important information about Budget Direct Trauma Cover & Trauma Plus Cover.)
Remember, although Budget Direct Life Cover pays a lump sum should you pass away or become terminally ill, it doesn’t cover you in the event you suffer a serious illness or injury.
You may also want to consider adding TPD insurance to your Life Cover policy for additional protection in case of total and permanent disability.
Why Should I Consider Adding Trauma or Trauma Plus Cover to My Budget Direct Life Insurance?
- Part-time workers and homemakers can apply
- Select Budget Direct Trauma or Trauma Plus to suit your needs and budget
- Benefits range from $25,000 to $500,000 (depending on age)
- No medical or blood tests
- No complicated forms
- 30-day cooling-off period
- Automatic inflation protection
- Guaranteed cover to age 65
- 24/7 worldwide coverage
- Available to Australian Residents aged between 18 and 59 (next birthday)
- Easy application process with specialist staff to guide you
- Fortnightly, monthly, and annual payment options