Cover extends to a range of serious illnesses and injuries
A benefit of between $20,000 and $50,000 per child
Extra cover that can be added to your Budget Direct Life Cover
What is Budget Direct Children’s Cover?
Budget Direct Children’s Cover is an additional benefit that can be applied for and added to your Budget Direct Life Cover for extra protection.
Budget Direct Children’s Cover protects those you love the most by paying a lump sum benefit should your child pass away, be diagnosed with a terminal illness, or suffer from one of the following serious illnesses or injuries (as specified in the PDS):
- Benign Brain Tumour
- Loss of Hearing
- Chronic Kidney Failure
- Loss of Sight
- Loss of Speech
- Loss of Use of Limbs and/or Sight
- Major Head Trauma
- Major Organ Transplant
- Severe burns
A benefit amount between $20,000 and $50,000 per child can help you to keep your household running if you need to take time off for yourself or to care for your child.
Do You Have a Plan in Place for Your Child?
According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS), 41% of all deaths of children aged 1 – 14 years over a five-year period (1999 – 2003) were injury deaths. The next most common cause of death was cancer.
No parent wants to imagine something happening to their child. However, as your child’s main carer and provider, it’s important to ask yourself if you needed time for yourself or your child, could you afford to take time off from work? In the event you needed to take unpaid leave, Budget Direct Children’s Cover could alleviate your financial strain and:
- Avoid selling assets or draining your savings and investments to meet financial obligations
- Help meet outstanding debts repayments, such as a mortgage (or rental payments if you don’t own a home), car payments, or credit card debts
- Help meet medical and rehabilitation expenses
- Contribute toward a housekeeper to run your household duties
- Manage some of your everyday expenses, such as bills, groceries, and petrol
- Help replace a source of income
Why Should I Consider Children’s Cover?
- Comprehensive cover includes a range of serious illnesses and injuries
- Terminal Illness Benefit
- Benefits range from $20,000 to $50,000 per child
- No complicated forms
- 30-day cooling-off period
- Automatic inflation protection
- Guaranteed cover to age 21
- 24/7 worldwide coverage
- Available to all Australians aged between 2 and 17 (next birthday)
- Easy application process with specialist staff to guide you
- Fortnightly, monthly, and annual payment options