Great pricing and great features are a winning combination for Budget Direct, today named Money Magazine’s Insurer of the Year 2015.
The challenger insurance provider beat 34 other car and home and contents insurers across Australia to win the award, which is based on analysis conducted by Canstar. Money Magazine said Budget Direct won the award thanks to: “great pricing on car and home and contents policies as well as products with great features”.
Budget Direct is very proud to be named Insurer of the Year for the second time, having also won the title in 2010, says Ram Kangatharan, CEO and MD, Budget Direct.
“We know Budget Direct customers are smart – and this award proves it. Budget Direct is more than cheap prices, we provide features that customers truly value.”
Budget Direct has today released the Simply Smarter Consumer Sentiment Index: June – a quarterly survey* of 1200 consumers across Australia on insurance and economic confidence.
The Index shows the majority of consumers rate price and features as equally important when it comes to choosing an insurer. It also shows just over half of consumers will consider switching insurers for a better deal over the coming 12 months.
Other key findings include:
- One-quarter (24.8%) of consumers are unsure if their homes are adequately insured for fire and storm damage.
- More than half (55.8%) of tenants don’t have contents insurance.
- One-third (33.6%) of consumers are concerned about job security over the coming 12 months – particularly those aged 45-54 (37%)
- The majority (57.5%) of consumers say they will cut back on entertainment to save money over the coming 12 months, followed by holidays (48%).
* The Simply Smarter Consumer Sentiment Index powered by Budget Direct is conducted on a quarterly basis through Google surveys. The June Index is based on the responses of 1200 consumers aged 18 and over from all states and territories.