Great pricing and great features are a winning combination for Budget Direct, today named Money Magazine’s Insurer of the Year 2015.
The challenger insurance provider beat 34 other car and home and contents insurers across Australia to win the award, which is based on analysis conducted by Canstar. Money Magazine said Budget Direct won the award thanks to: “great pricing on car and home and contents policies as well as products with great features”.
Budget Direct is very proud to be named Insurer of the Year for the second time, having also won the title in 2010, says Ram Kangatharan, CEO and MD, Budget Direct.
“We know Budget Direct customers are smart – and this award proves it. Budget Direct is more than cheap prices, we provide features that customers truly value.”
Budget Direct has today released the Simply Smarter Consumer Sentiment Index: June – a quarterly survey* of 1200 consumers across Australia on insurance and economic confidence.
The Index shows the majority of consumers rate price and features as equally important when it comes to choosing an insurer. It also shows just over half of consumers will consider switching insurers for a better deal over the coming 12 months.
Other key findings include:
- One-quarter (24.8%) of consumers are unsure if their homes are adequately insured for fire and storm damage.
- More than half (55.8%) of tenants don’t have contents insurance.
- One-third (33.6%) of consumers are concerned about job security over the coming 12 months – particularly those aged 45-54 (37%)
- The majority (57.5%) of consumers say they will cut back on entertainment to save money over the coming 12 months, followed by holidays (48%).
* The Simply Smarter Consumer Sentiment Index powered by Budget Direct is conducted on a quarterly basis through Google surveys. The June Index is based on the responses of 1200 consumers aged 18 and over from all states and territories.
Budget Direct was established as an insurance provider in Australia in 2000. It is part of the international BHL group of companies headquartered in the British Isles. The group provides more than 8 million policies to insurance customers and administers $AUD 3 billion in premiums annually. Budget Direct offers Motor, Home & Contents and Travel Insurance as well as Roadside Assistance.
Budget Direct is a multi-award winning insurer having won Money magazines Insurer of the Year 2019 for the third year in a row and Canstar’s Outstanding Value Car Insurance 2019 for 13 years in a row amongst many other awards. Our policies are underwritten by Auto & General Insurance Company Limited, an Australian insurance company regulated by APRA and a member of the Insurance Council of Australia.
Auto & General has specialised in the sale, management and underwriting of insurance products in Australia since 2000. Our insurance products include car, home and contents and travel. We provide insurance for a number of brands including Budget Direct, 1st for Women, Ozicare, Australia Post, Virgin Money, and ING. We have contact centres based in Queensland and claims assessing centres in Brisbane, Sydney, and Melbourne, in total employing in excess of 1500 people. Our commitment to providing exceptional service has seen the company win multiple industry awards.