Applications for the Bushfire Recovery Fund have now closed
Bushfire Recovery Fund
Helping with the long term recovery of communities affected by the bushfires.
Has your community group been impacted by the recent bushfires?
Budget Direct is working around the clock on the many insurance claims we’ve received from customers affected by the recent bushfires — that’s why we’re here.
Beyond our role as a trusted insurance provider, Budget Direct is an active and proud member of the Australian community. That’s why we’ve created the Budget Direct Bushfire Recovery Fund.
We’re inviting community groups to apply for grants of up to $20,000 from the fund.
The grants are intended to help these groups repair or replace damaged or destroyed facilities and/or equipment that aren’t covered by insurance.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply for a Budget Direct Bushfire Recovery Fund grant each organisation must:
- be a community organisation such as volunteer fire services, schools, sporting clubs, non-government organisations, not for profit childcare centre.
- each organisation must have facilities and/or equipment that were lost or damaged in the bushfire during the 2019-20 bushfire season and are most likely not covered by insurance. We will not fund: individual bodies or activities that don’t reflect our core values.
To be eligible to receive a Budget Direct Bushfire Recovery Fund Grant (a Grant), each Applicant must:
- not be an individual;
- be a community organisation, volunteer fire service, school, sporting club, not for profit childcare centre or non-government organisation in a bushfire affected area (the Applicant);
- need to replace or repair facilities and/or equipment which were lost or damaged by bushfire during the period from 1 July 2019 to 31 January 2020 (2019-20 bushfire season);
- not have had the losses covered by insurance and consider the loss is not likely to be covered by insurance;
- be able to identify how repair or replacement of the facilities and/or equipment is necessary for the benefit of the wider community;
- hold a current Australian bank account in its name; and not be utilising the Grant for any political purpose or objectives.
When can I apply?
Applications closed at midnight AEST, 31st March 2020
Our review process
We’ll assess your application against our criteria, including how your initiative will help rebuild / support an important activity in your community.
We will be in touch to let you know if your request has been successful!
Due to the volume of applications, unsuccessful applicants won’t be notified